Sean Kelly Law

Do I need to notify utility companies of the purchase or sale of my property?

If you are purchasing a new property, we will setup your property tax, water, and sewer accounts. The City/Town may charge you a standard setup fee on your first bill which isn’t included in our costs.

If you are selling your property, we will notify the City/Town that you are no longer the owner(s) upon closing.

Due to security restrictions you will be responsible for the setup of your own utility accounts if you are purchasing a new property and the cancellation of your utility accounts if you are a selling a property. 

You can contact Hydro Ottawa at 613-738-6400 or 

online at 

and Enbridge at 1-877-362-7434 

or online at

Let Our Experience Be Your Guide 

Get in touch with us